Sunday 18 October 2015

Lazy Sunday Book Review


Lazy Sunday Book Review



I take books at random from the Amazon free book list, read the synopsis, and if a book grabs my interest, I down-load it.

I do get caught out from time to time, last week for sure, but then I also sometimes, find an exceptionally good book. 







Petite Confessions by Vicky Lesage is one of those books.

Laughed – I wet my knickers giggling at the authors antics in Paris.

The book is not in any sense a story – rather a set of anecdotes about the American author's life in Paris.

She's happy to tell all, and never mind the embarrassment. Neither is she afraid to admit she's a party girl, who equally enjoys the French vino.

Added to the pleasure of this book, is that at then end of each chapter, is a recipe for a delicious looking cocktail.

Chapter 17 – 10 Ways Living In Paris Is Like Dental Work – hit a home run with me. I have to go to the dentist on Monday.

Whilst nursing this unexpected tooth problem, a funny Sunday read with the good excuse to try out the alcoholic cocktail recipes is much more appealing, than chucking down a couple of aspirins. Which, by the way, don't appear to be working that well.

Her recipe – The Fluoride Treatment – strikes me as a much better way of numbing my throbbing tooth pain.

I wonder if the dentist, would mind if I came armed with a pitcher of Rockin' Mojitos.



It's not a long book, I suppose any longer and it could get boring but to simply enjoy, laugh with the author, and not take it at all seriously it's makes for a very enjoyable read.

I've included the link to Amazon. (free status checked Sunday)

Petite Confessions by Vicky Lesage
Published by Party Girl Press





As like most people, I enjoy a freebie, so all the books for the Lazy Sunday book reviews are taken from Amazon's free book list.

I am no longer rating the books on this short review because if I don't like them, I shan't post them. 




have a great weekend everyone and thanks for reading this post...

The Riotous Writer






background by 'Stuart Miles' courtesy of  FreeDigitalPhotos,net

No comments:

Post a Comment